August 31, 2012

Book Review


I could not be happier with my two recent Amazon purchases.

Print Workshop: Hand-Printing Techniques and Truly Original Projects by Christina Schmidt
If your like me and love getting your hands on new DIY projects to attempt and conquer, this is a great book. Not only does it explain all of the different printing techniques, but it provides DIY projects that are fairly easy to do, and more importantly, look professionally done. These aren't the arts and crafts that have no use other than sentimental value for your grandma because you made them with love. Great book, can't wait to try some of the projects.

Around the World with Mouk illustrated by Marc Boutavant
This book is a treat to my eyes. It's everything I imagined... and much MUCH more :) Marc Boutavant's vibrant illustrations consume the pages, leaving no corner untouched, as it details Mouk's journey around the world. Love the characaters, love the designs, and LOVE the colours!

Also, partly why I am so happy with this book is that it holds a little bit of nostalgia for me, as it reminds me of the beautifully detailed Richard Scarry's Best World Book Ever book that I had when I was a kid. I remember just loving to look at that book over and over again from cover to cover, analyzing the amount of detail of each scene and the different stories that went on in each page. (Here's a Flickr set of the book, comparing the differences of the 1963 edition to the 1991 edition. Brings back some happy carefree memories!)

1 comment: